[IAEP] [SLOBS] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 02:57:08 EDT 2016

On 18 Aug 2016 3:02 a.m., "Dave Crossland" <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 17 August 2016 at 21:32, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm fine with that, but is seems to be a change in policy.
>>

>> We'll have to trust that they are Sugar users. Why would they want to
join if they had no interest in the project? (I suppose we could get
invaded by trolls, in which case we can "build a wall." But I see no
evidence that that is a problem.)

> Nor me - a luxury problem ;)

Labs owned project?

qualify. But there also has to be an intention to have the project somehow
connected to the Sugar community.

>>> Concretely, would each of these projects qualify?
>>>
>>> - Childsplay
>>> - Scratch
>>> - Squeak
>>> - Tux Math
>>> - Tux Paint
>>> - XSCE
>>

>> Sure. And don't forget gcompris.
>

> Okay cool :) I think a single mail to each project's user list will be
sufficient, then.

>> What do you think about hardware projects? Does Butia qualify? Rodi?
What about RPi?

> I think a single mail to each project's user list would also be fine.
>
>> Does the XO Infinity have a FOSS option or is it just Windows?
>

> They will create a Sugar SKU if we can order 500 units or more, and they
will donate to Sugar Labs the same amount or more that they pay to MS for
Windows

Seems fair. I have been trying to run Ubuntu for weeks now. The One
Education tech guy Matthew told me to wait.