[IAEP] Priority languages to translate Sugar

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 00:25:57 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the input!
>
> Here is how the list is looking as of today, revision 7:

I added ISO639 codes where I could, some clarification will be needed,
so I included questions.

> 01- Sugar Learning Platform to Shippibo (Peruvian Amazon Tribe with a
> Community in Lima by the Rimac River + 2009 SugarXO introductory
> intercultural intervention with international Teachers) Probable Local
> Partner: MinEdu Perú

ISO639 code shp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipibo_language

> 02- Sugar Learning Platform to Muisca (Colombia Language in danger of
> extintion + 2014 5TransfomationalGames developed with Community's Children +
> SugarXO extended introduction to Children+Parents+LocalLibrary) Probable
> Local Partners: Alcaldia de Chía - Local Library - MinCultura Colombia

We need to clarify the exact language code, possibly ISO639 code chb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chibcha_language
Diut dialect (extinct)?

> 03-Sugar Learning Platform to Miskito (We have been contacted by soporte
> Técnico Nicaragua, there is interest in this project) Probable Local
> Partner: Fundación Zamora Teran

Mískitu is set up in Pootle and initial data for a glibc locale has
been provided (Thanks Laura for prompting Jairo of FNZT to provide
that)

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/miq/

> 04- Sugar Learning Platform to Ashaninka

Asháninka

(Amazon Tribe from Colombia's
> forest to Peruvians + MinCultura Peru has validated + MinCultura Colombia
> might be interested)

ISO639 code cni
http://www.sil.org/resources/search/language/cni

Someone needs to negotiate the "no derivative works" license issue on
all of this SIL bilingual Castellano - Asháninka content especially
the dictionary stuff.

> 05- Finish Sugar Learning Platform to Haitian Creole (the platform has been
> mostly translated by volunteers, but the quality of the translations are
> weak)

(Krèyol ayisyen) ISO639 code ht
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ht/

> 06- Sugar Learning Platform to Wampi (Probable Local Partner: MinEdu Perú)

Do you mean gum – Guambiano?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconucan_language
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guambiano

> 07- Internationalization of the 5 TransformationalGames Made in Colombia on
> Artisan Workshop 2014 - Sugar Camp Chía. Posterior localization to
> Portugues, English, German and French (Probable global/regional partners
> Sugarizer+UN+BID+Antel)
> 08- Sugar Learning Platform to Cherokee (Research Pending)
> 07- Sugar Learing Platform to Navajo (Research Pending)
> 09- Sugar Learning Platform to Lakota (Research Pending)
> 10- Sugar Learning Platform to Mapuche (Research Pending)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapuche_language
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/arn/

cjl