[IAEP] [SLOBS] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Aug 17 20:59:56 EDT 2016

On 17 August 2016 at 20:54, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>

>> On 17 August 2016 at 20:41, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am of the opinion that SLOB does not have to approve individual
>>> membership in committees. SLOB responsibility vis-a-vis committees is to
>>> appoint a representative. So I don't think we need a motion.
>>

>> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members doesn't specify a
>> representative; nor could I find a reference to one in the logs I mentioned
>> in my recent post. Was one appointed?
>>

> I don't recall. Could be me :)

I suggest adding this to the next SLOB meeting agenda as a discussion point
(and possible immediate motion :)

This is a side issue though; the primary concerns of Caryl and myself that
we would appreciate SLOB guidance on are

- what criteria should be used to define who is and is not eligible to be
counted as a Sugar Labs member?

- what criteria should be used to define what is and is not a Sugar Labs
owned project?

- is the proposed strategy of contacting anyone who has contributed or even
just registered with SL to ask if they would like to be a member (and
providing criteria if they say yes) appropriate?