[IAEP] [SLOBS] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:41:31 EDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 7 August 2016 at 10:44, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
> wrote:
>

>> In order to be appointed to Membership and Election committee a SLOBS
>> vote was necessary
>

> Ah yes, Seb invited me to join in the non-quorum meeting, and I see that
> this isn't sufficient.
>
> For Seb and Caryl (https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go
> /Oversight_Board/Decisions#2015-04-06) I found the logs for the motion (
> http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2015-04
> -06T23:10:04#i_2838172). (For Samson, (https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go
> /Oversight_Board/Decisions#2015-05-06) says that it was done by email; I
> couldn't find anything in the logs (http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/
> sugar-meeting/meetings/2015-05-04T23:07:10) or IAEP archives so I guess
> its another accidentally-secret ballot ;)
>
> Since the last meeting as non-quorum, I would like to suggest any SLOB to
> make a motion via email, using the same phrasing as before:
>

> A motion to appoint davelab6 to the election committee

I am of the opinion that SLOB does not have to approve individual
membership in committees. SLOB responsibility vis-a-vis committees is to
appoint a representative. So I don't think we need a motion.

> Also, it seems per http://www.mail-archive.com/iaep%40lists.sugarlabs.org/
> msg15526.html that if appointed then I will need my email alias added
> to /etc/aliases on sunjammer

Can someone from the infrastructure committee please take care of this?

-walter

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org