[IAEP] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 10:09:54 EDT 2016

Yeah nice one dave! i will think of more!
From: dave at lab6.com
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 19:11:20 -0400
To: caryl at laptop.org
Subject: Re: [IAEP] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election
CC: iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org; samsongoddy at sugarlabs.org

Hi
Glad to hear you were able to get some rest :D
On 5 August 2016 at 18:57, Caryl Bigenho <caryl at laptop.org> wrote:

> ...> qualify by actually making some tangible "contribution" (not money) to Sugar Labs> [by] development of software or hardware, having a small deployment, hosting Sugar > Labs and OLPC events> ...> We should end up with, hopefully, a complete, up-to-date list, with current > valid email addresses, of all contributors to Sugar Labs projects (of any kind) > who desire to be members.

I agree that we could clarify how we determine what level of contribution counts to make one eligible for membership.
I propose the following are sufficient:
- owning a computer or being part of an organization that owns computers that regularly use Sugar

- creating a wiki account and making 1 edit to the wiki
- posting to a SL mailing list
- contributing a patch to a sugar software package

- owning a laptop.org or sugarlabs.org email account, now or in the past

What are possible verifiable criteria are possible? Should any of these not count?
:)
CheersDave

IAEP at lists.sugarlabs.org