[IAEP] Summer Finance Report & How to Appoint a FM?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Aug 5 17:40:03 EDT 2016

Hi

On 5 August 2016 at 17:34, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm curious if you have any news about the state of the finances?
>
> No major financial news in the past month that I know of so far.  Profound
> apologies I'm now going thru customs and missed the meeting earlier this
> afternoon.

All good! Hope you had a good trip :D

BTW I'm in NYC another 3 weeks then off on a trip LA/Seattle/London/Warsaw
for 4 weeks, no plans to get up to MA again until the fall now.

> Let's keep on it so that a quarterly financial report is both reasonable &
> appropriate shortly after Sept 30 when the next quarter begins.

Sounds good. I lost track of this a bit; I think you are saying you'll aim
to make a quarterly report until you can share the ledger with the FM, when
they are appointed, who may be able to make more frequent updates?

> > In the SLOB meeting, Walter mentioned he thought you may be taking the
> lead on deciding how to appoint a Financial Manager; if you don't expect to
> be able to dive into the ledger-cli stuff in the summer months, perhaps you
> could share some thoughts about this topic instead? :)

Should the position be... elected? :)

--
Cheers
Dave