[IAEP] Short, "New to Sugar" presentations

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Tue Apr 26 18:41:28 EDT 2016

Inspired by the offer by Venketesh Mahapatra and Sanchit Bansal who
volunteered to help to develop the Sugarlabs  web presence, I have
revived my "New to Sugar" presentations [1] which it have lurked on the
cutting room floor as they do not display *perfectly* is Browse and
(until recent conversations) it has not been clear how to find a place
for this work.

In another thread, thanks @Davelab6 for the suggestion to try reveal.js.

I was able to make a small presentation with reveal.js and it ran fine
in Browse. I liked the end result. Personally I think reveal.js would be
too difficult for me to learn, on my own, to make suitable reveal.js
templates in the time I have available.

I forked www-sugarlabs [2] and trialled the presentations.

Regarding display, I have raised two issues on Github, [4]+[5]. The
issue to address is "Can Browse handle Remark? #2" [5].

It would be great if anyone could take a quick look at these issues.

(In part, the idea behind this suggestion, like Activity Help/Contribute
[6], is that we provide a "documentation structure" that invites user
generated material.)

With thanks in advance,

Iain

[1] http://inkyfingers.github.io/gallery
[2] https://github.com/inkyfingers/www-sugarlabs/tree/gh-pages
[3] https://github.com/gnab/remark
[4] Correct font is not displayed in Browse #1 -
https://github.com/inkyfingers/gallery/issues/1
[5] Can Browse handle Remark? #2 -
https://github.com/inkyfingers/gallery/issues/2
[6] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Help/Contribute