[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Samson's proposal to SLOBs

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Apr 20 09:12:53 EDT 2016

(removed every cc but ieap)

On 20 April 2016 at 02:15, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a practical matter, full-time internet connectivity is not required
> for effective L10n work.

I agree, and I think that generally more can be done to make "Sugar On A
Stick" into "Sugar Local Lab On A Stick" so that sugar communities without
active/direct internet connections can do more to self-support themselves,
and eventually upload what they have back to the central repos.

I've thus added a note about this to the vision proposal:

We develop our software to run on every computer device, from desktops and
laptops to tablets and smartphones, and to run in situations with local
networks without direct internet connections.

- https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Vision_proposal_2016