[IAEP] Wiki Gardening Weekend (May 14-15, Boston, USA)

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Tue Apr 19 17:19:27 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-04-19 at 13:42 -0400, Dave Crossland wrote:

> On 19 April 2016 at 11:20, Iain Brown Douglas
> <iain at browndouglas.plus.com> wrote:
>         It seems this conversation has gone a long way from wiki
>         gardening :)
>

> :D
>
> What I have in mind for the wiki gardening is focused entirely on the
> wiki content; and making a list of wiki pages to be migrated to the
> website

Hi Dave, great.

So that work could be started any time, one suggestion, a wiki category
"Proposed for migration to website".

> (and I have WIP for a PR to make the website wiki-like.)
>
>         New to Jekyll, I did not work out how to do a slide show in
>         Jekyll and Markdown. Can anyone point to a site that does this
>         successfully?
>
> https://github.com/bmcmurray/hekyll

I guess my question was mis-phrased, the challenge is to find a "screen
shot + text" slide show.

Remark does quite a good job of re-sizing images, allowing a predictable
amount of text and avoiding image or text running off screen.

Other slide shows I have experimented with, tend to leave too much white
space, and/or it is difficult to arrange image and text nicely, and/or
images have to be re-sized at production time, resulting in the risk of
loss of definition.

Getting out nice quality Sugar images, nicely placed on screen is quite
important to me.

Regards

Iain