[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motions to create position of Translation-Community Manager

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Apr 6 16:32:03 EDT 2016

On Apr 6, 2016 3:57 PM, "Lionel Laské" <lionel at olpc-france.org> wrote:

> Sorry to say that I don't add my vote to the motions:
>
> I move that the SugarLabs Oversight Board approve the position of
Translation-Community Manager as described at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation-Community_Manager.
> -1
>
> I further move that Chris Leonard be named to this position effective
immediately.
> -1
>
> I further move that the Translation-Community Manager be paid a stipend
of $1000/month.
> -1
>
> I really admire the work done by Chris Leonard from the beginning, no
question about its motivation, capacity and dedication to the project. It's
the better guy for the job.

> I'm just considering that the limited resources of SugarLabs should be
dedicated in priority to increase the community and I'm not convinced at
all that translation is the better way. At least the ratio cost to invest
(12000$/year) vs result in community improvement is not in favor of the
motion for me. In short: money could be better invest elsewhere (marketing,
events, school kit, ...).

> Best regards.
>
>             Lionel.

Thanks Lionel for taking time to vote your conscience even despite others
of us who believe we have a legal/fiduciary obligation to our biggest
investor (Trip Advisor) and a moral duty to the world's most disconnected
children.

josemiguel at argos.edu.uy> wrote:

>>> Hola!
>>>
>>> Volviendo al tema que originó esta cadena de correos:
>>>
>>> I move that the SugarLabs Oversight Board approve the position of
Translation-Community Manager as described at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation-Community_Manager.
>>> +1
>>>
>>> I further move that Chris Leonard be named to this position effective
immediately.
>>> +1
>>>
>>> I further move that the Translation-Community Manager be paid a stipend
of $1000/month.
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Saludos

>>> Lic. José Miguel García
>>> Montevideo - Uruguay

such as Adam reminding Tony to circulate his motion publicly,