[IAEP] sugar numbers

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Tue May 26 10:39:34 EDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 7:59 AM, Dan Tenason <dan.tenason at mail.ru> wrote:

> > Dan - if you are sincerely interested in the numbers, why don't you write
> > to the education ministries? In serious research, as in serious journalism,
> > you need to consult official sources.
>
> > Sean Daly (no "e")
>
> I would like to thank everyone for their responses. They findings of Mr
> Holt, Ms Edwards-Thro, and Mr Silva correlate with my own findings in those
> countries, less than 100% of XO laptops are in daily use.
>
> How long will the website will continue to state 3 million users when that
> number, and the method used to calculate it, have been shown to be
> overstated. Is dismissing the questioner as a troll an academically honest
> solution to resolving the discrepancy?

Until the web site is not updated, will be as is today.
I see the numbers are important for you, but we want redesign the site,
and need volunteers to prepare the content and the design.
(You already see my email a time ago about this)

We have many reasons to change the web site, we need people to work on that.
And we want a professional work, that is the reason I don't try to modify
it,
because I am a developer, and developer suck at design ;/

And the content is not easy, in the last days, a few members of the
community
worked in the content for the SoaS page, (
https://spins.fedoraproject.org/soas/)
and that took a lot of mail interchanges and time.

Gonzalo

> --
> Dan Tenason

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning