[IAEP] Another article on evaluation and learning to code

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:52:17 EDT 2015

I should have pointed out that the lead author of the paper Sebastian
references is a former student of Seymour Papert. Also, for anyone who
is  interested in pursuing this line of inquiry within Sugar, please
note that Turtle Blocks (Python version) keeps track of what the users
do and aggregates the errors that they make. The Analyze Journal
activity visualizes these data for the user (based upon a rubric
developed by Paraguay Educa). Not all the pieces that Paulo describes
in the Stanford study are in place, but many of them are. The
opportunity to make learning "visible" to the learner is a core
principle of Sugar.

regards.

-walter

--