[IAEP] [Poll] Choosing better UI for sugarlabs.org

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sun Mar 1 19:32:02 EST 2015

We know there are a trend about do web sites with only a huge page.
This is probably cool in tablets, or high end devices, you drag and all he
content run
up or down, but  in slow devices, big pages are not good.
Probably in the tablets the designers try to avoid use links too (no hover
feedback
and don't want show the underline).
Now, I am not a designer, then, take this like only one personal opinion: I
don't like this huge single page sites :)
I liked more your first option with  menu, but any other option where the
content is separated
by topics would be better (for me).
Also, the new Activities site running in a frame is not a good idea.
With links you can go there full screen.
Finally, I hope you can work together. Working in open source projects you
need learn
to work with others. Is not always easy, but is the only way to assure the
project in the long run.
Is great have two developers and two prototypes.

Gonzalo

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Tymon Radzik <dwgipk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've created new Sugar Labs website project and published it at
> http://sugarlabs.org/~tymon . It is based on Jekyll, Bootstrap, CSS, some
> plugins and JS. Its current design has been invented by my friend Piotr
> Antosz (Boquete).
>
> Other Sugar community member has created other UI for website which is
> available at http://activities-2.sugarlabs.org/www-sugarlabs . It is
> based on my orginal solution with changes to text, used libraries and page
> layout.
>
> As we do not want on two separate projects, where authors' UI ideas are
> totally different, we would like to know which one should be continued and
> which abandoned. That's why we would like to ask you - Sugar community
> members - for opinion which UI you like more and which one you want to see
> in release page. As I try to be neutral I won't write here about advantages
> and disadvantages of both projects.
>
> Your opinion is really appericated!
>
> Regards,
> Tymon

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning