[IAEP] [UKids] OLPC and SugarLabs at SCaLE 13X Feb 20-22

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jan 12 14:42:19 EST 2015

Hi Nancie,
Adding to the information already provided by James,
you can read more information about Sugar releases here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.100/Notes
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.102/Notes

and can download images to test here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.100/Testing
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.102/Testing

Sugar works in any XO model and in other computers too.

Gonzalo

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Nancie Severs <nanciesevers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> Gonzalo, I really like your film. Thanks.
> Perhaps these are "stupid" questions, but I am confused about the Releases
> and numbers.
>
> Do the Sugar 0.100 & 0.102 correspond to the Releases available in the
> Wiki and if so which ones. Are they only for user groups with school
> servers or are they available and desirable to/for individual users. Are
> they FOSS or must they be purchased. Lastly, which XOs do they work on? XO
> 1.0's, 1.5's 1.75's 4's or all of them?
>
> Caryl the Alearn group had a Dropbox link with some of our favorite
> project photos. Do you still have it or do you want me to share it with
> you?
>
> Best to everyone,
> Nancie
>
> On Friday, January 9, 2015, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We will have a booth again this year at SCaLE, This time it will have a
>>> dual focus. We will be hosting the "Coders' Corner" and, at the same time,
>>> featuring information about everything OLPC and Sugar Labs... including
>>> Unleashed Kids, L to L, the school server project, OLPC France's Sugarizer
>>> project, and anything and everything else that I haven't listed... all
>>> projects large and small!
>>>
>>> Some of the things I need from you folks are:
>>>

>>>    - Pictures! Videos! (of projects including exotic places,
>>>    hackathons, etc, etc, etc.) Lists of volunteer opportunities! anything else
>>>    you would like to share with the open source community. We will
>>>    feature a constantly running, silent (with captions or subtitles) video
>>>    production showing projects all over the world. Your media resources will
>>>    be put into a video on dvd that can play where passers-by can stop
>>>    and watch a bit, ask questions, pick up contact info, and the like. Who
>>>    will answer those questions? Hopefully some of you! Read on...
>>>

>> I have created two little videos to show the features in Sugar 0.100 and
>> 0.102
>> We have English and Spanish versions:
>>
>> New in Sugar 0.100 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baAYGtEwEbM>
>> New in Sugar 0.102 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wxizr3elPQ>
>> Lo nuevo en Sugar 0.102 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ljkueuBU0>
>> Lo nuevo en Sugar 0.100 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot_T9impkNw>
>>
>> I probably will do it again for 0.104 (if anybody else do it before....)
>>
>> Gonzalo
>>
>>  --
>> Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !
>> ---

> *Nancie G. Severs*
>
> *Treasure Each Day*
>
>  --
> Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !
> ---

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning