[IAEP] 2016-2018 Oversight Board

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Tue Dec 29 09:59:03 EST 2015

Hello everybody / Hola a todos

Hope all the holiday wishes come with many blessings for the big Sugar
family.

2015 was a great year, many exciting releases! I would like to congratulate
and thank you all.

I'm glad we have enthusiastic candidates for the upcoming elections. It
surely is of our best interest to have good quality software in the hands
and heads of our little ones, therefore I believe during the 2016-2018
period SL should center it's energy on QUALITY.

Quality of process, functionalities, documentation,etc.

So talking about Quality, one of the first things I would like to underline
is that there currently is a deep organizational conflict since there is an
Executive Director also serving as an Oversight Board member. I believe
this situation is unhealthy and must be avoided if possible.

>From our wiki:

"The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the day to day operations
of the foundation and reports directly to the Oversight Board
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board>..."

'The current Executive Director is Walter Bender
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter>, elected by the during the
2008-09-19
board meeting
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2008/Log-2008-09-19>."

I propose we ask Walter to withdraw his candidacy for the 2016-2018 Board
and continue serving as Executive Director for Sugar Labs.

Best regards.
--
Laura V.
I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org