[IAEP] [UKids] "Google accused of tracking school kids after it promised not to"

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Dec 2 22:46:26 EST 2015

Anish, perhaps remove "educationally focused" as a description of
companies doing this.  Why would only educationally focused companies
do it?

See for example;

http://theconversation.com/junk-food-advertisers-put-profits-before-childrens-health-and-we-let-them-51250

We tried self-regulation.  What happened was we let people suffer when
market forces are allowed to substitute for regulation and law.

Bring back choice by the people;

http://theconversation.com/democracy-that-bows-down-to-the-market-is-a-false-compromise-49135

At heart, the idea of a company; a robotic organisation that can
declare limited liability, now seems less ethical than full liability.

This discussion thread seems mostly wasted time.  Without fixing the
underlying causes, the bugs will come back.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/