[IAEP] [squeakland] finalizing Tidepool alpha list

Timothy Falconer teefal at waveplace.org
Sat Aug 29 10:36:05 EDT 2015

Pato,

Tidepool will be free to play, though at this time the source code is not open.  This has more to do with personal bandwidth than philosophy.

My announcements to these lists is motivated by shared educational philosophy (based upon the works of Papert & Kay) and shared community (I've worked with many in the Etoys, OLPC, and Sugar world.)

Money raised from Tidepool will primarily go to non-profit educational groups, including the upcoming Kickstarter which will be used to pay courseware authors.

Tim

--
Timothy Falconer
Waveplace Foundation