[IAEP] The Deconstruction of the K-12 Teacher.

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Apr 27 12:49:37 EDT 2015

Hi, Sebastian

Interesting, this author sees what we are trying to do as facilitating
the terrible future in which teachers are robots.

The missing ingredient, of course, is education. The best teachers I
encountered in school had the wide perspective of an educated
person that enabled them to movtivate students to explore.

Consider the golf coach. His expertise is not in playing golf (or he
would be on the tour). His expertise is in recognizing the problems players
are having with their game and recommending ways to solve these problems
by practice or by using new techniques. The golf coach is unlikely to
be replaced by a robot.

For me, the problem is that society has forgotten that it's about
education, not training. A teacher is not an expert but a motivator and
a door-opener.

Tony