[IAEP] [Olpc-open] Nepal quake

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sun Apr 26 12:31:37 EDT 2015

On Apr 26, 2015 9:30 AM, "Sameer Verma" <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> Thanks Christoph?

Thanks Christoph! Excuse the typo.

Sameer

> I cannot even begin to imagine what it will take to rebuild and
re-establish. All the people I know in Nepal have now checked in as safe,
but clearly that's not the case for thousands :-(

christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Sameer,
>>
>> I emailed Rabi right after I heard about the quake this morning. He's
fine but stuck somewhere in a remote part of Nepal. As the airport in
Kathmandu is closed down he was waiting for news about the roads being open
and safe so he could head back to Kathmandu.

>> Someone running the OLE Nepal Facebook account also got back to me and
said that they're doing fine.

>> So from what can tell it looks like everyone is doing okay given the
circumstances. Some other friends in Kathmandu mentioned spending the night
outside their building as aftershocks keep happening sporadically.

>> Cheers,
>> Christoph
>>
>> Am 25.04.2015 22:04 schrieb "Sameer Verma" <sverma at sfsu.edu>:
>>>
>>> Anybody have any updates from our friends in Nepal? I saw one post on
OLENepal's Facebook page and that's it. News out of Nepal is very
disturbing :-(