[IAEP] Sugar Numbers

Dan Tenason dan.tenason at mail.ru
Thu Apr 16 13:58:26 EDT 2015

 A few weeks ago I raised the question about how phrase three million daily users was calculated. The general line of thought in a thread on sugar-devel was we don't know but we think it is an optimistic figure based on the total number of laptops OLPC produced. Further analysis is hard and we can't be bothered to do it. Furthermore, anyone who questions the number is a troll.

It would seem natural that an education project which promotes critical thinking would substantiate its own claims. If any organization tries  to bury the numbers, one should ask why they are doing so.

--
Dan Tenason