[IAEP] OLPC-SF Community Summit and Turtle Art Day

Aaron Borden adborden at live.com
Thu Oct 16 03:07:16 EDT 2014

Great news! We're excited to announce that Turtle Art Day[1] will be
held in conjunction with this year's Community Summit[2] this weekend!
Our summit will be focused on the intersection of education and
technology. We'll discuss what's going on in the One Laptop Per Child
universe, as well as what other education outreach communities are doing
globally. The goal is to get folks together to discuss problems,
collaborate, and find solutions together.

If you're not familiar with Turtle Art, it's an application where
students create art through programming. Turtle Art Day is a worldwide
event happening throughout the month of October. Turtle Artists are
coming together to teach each other and learn together. OLPC-SF is proud
to be working with Sugar Labs[3] to put together this event here in San
Francisco. It represents the exploration of new spaces and media for
learning beyond online, beyond OLPC. We hope you all will be able to
attend. Please see the event page for details.

Saturday October 18th
OLPC-SF Community Summit

Sunday October 19th
Turtle Art Day