[IAEP] [UKids] RE: How To Reinstall XO Tablet Software?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Nov 23 17:20:50 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 10:13:53AM -0700, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> You guys rock!
>
> Thanks to Iain the little XO tablet is back to its original state
> and we have put in passwords that our son thinks our granddaughter
> (who will be 4 in a month) can remember and enter by herself.
>
> Caryl
>
> P.S. The links to the OLPC wiki didn't have the information for the
> tablet.

Look closer?

> Maybe they should because people who don't know it isn't an actual
> XO may look for it there.

No, certainly not.  Nobody would look at the OLPC OS releases page.
It would be as likely as air conditioning on a motorcycle!

Instead, they would look at the left-hand side of the Wiki pages,
where it says "about the tablet" and "support for".

See attached fragment of screen.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/