[IAEP] [REVISION] Revised version of OLPC OS for tablets

Ryan Cunningham rvskmbrly3 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:00:22 EST 2014

I have re-created this version based on Sugar on a Stick. I call it Sugar on a Tablet.

This version has the following most important modifications:

* Swapping is to a file and not to a partition.
* "initial-setup" (from Anaconda, Fedora's standard installer) has been installed and enabled.
* "initial-setup's" OEM mode has been activated by placing "firstboot --reconfig" in the Anaconda output Kickstart file.
* The "liveuser" user was deleted.
* No other parts of Anaconda were installed.
* The DejaVu and Bitstream Vera fonts were installed.
* The "SUGAR_SCALING" environment variable was set to "100".
* Maliit (an on-screen keyboard) was installed and enabled.
* A new script was added that alters "lightdm.conf" to enable auto-login after "initial-setup" has completed.
* "lightdm.conf" was further modified to remove the pointer from the X11 root window.

It took almost all of today to test this version and modify it for production.

To answer your question, I am using the "--selinux" and "--xattrs" options to "tar" to preserve extended attributes this time around.

--
Sent from my iPad