[IAEP] Make Your Own Sugar Activities! updated on FLOSS Manuals website

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:24:11 EST 2014

I have been updating code samples to GTK 3 (finishing the excellent work
Aneesh Dogra started for GCI in 2012), making new screen shots, and making
other needed changes to get MYOSA in shape for Sugar 3. I have gotten
enough of this work done that I felt that the updated chapters were ready
for their first publication, which you can see here:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/make-your-own-sugar-activities/index/

This will need some polishing and testing before it is ready for real
publishing as a printed book and e-book on Amazon, but it is getting there.

In GCI 2012 I promised everyone who made guest chapters for this book that
I would send them a printed copy of the book when it was ready and also
that I would include their pictures on the back cover. I am still willing
to do all that, but to do it I'll need pictures of all of you. Ideally
these pictures would be at least 300 DPI because that is what CreateSpace
wants. I don't know yet just how large your picture will be on the back
cover, but giving me a 300 DPI or better photo gives me some flexibility.
This means I want a picture directly from a digital camera or phone if at
all possible. Posting the picture to Facebook or mailing it from a phone
dramatically cuts down on the DPI.

When you send me your picture please also give me an address to send your
book to.

This offer is not limited to GCI contestants. Lionel made a really fine
chapter for the book and I want him to be in on this as well.

If you want to update your bio in the "About The Authors" chapter this
would be a good time to do that.

James Simmons