[IAEP] FW: Where are you teaching the web this Maker Party? Add your event now!

Caryl Bigenho caryl at laptop.org
Wed Jul 2 12:58:38 EDT 2014

Hi All,
Mozilla is sponsoring an annual worldwide "Maker Party" and is offering some great free resources to help groups do it. They even have a "No-fi Lo-fi" kit you can download and print out for teaching the web offline! The activities in it look quite useable.  It would be great if some of the olpc, ossie, and LUGs could sponsor some of these. We could probably even do one at SCaLE.
While most of the dates seem to be in July, there is a lot of flexibility in this and some are much later in the year. So, there is still plenty of time to plan something for this. All you need is a place (maybe a local Maker Space would be interested in co-hosting), someone to herd cats, and a few willing mentors to help get things going and on the right track.
Caryl