[IAEP] [Marketing] Users cannot find Sugar with gnome-software in Fedora 20

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sat Aug 30 20:50:33 EDT 2014

> When I write an AppData specification [4] for Sugar, what will it be
> registered to?

I think so. I understand Software updater is designed as a more high level
application installer, where the user don't look at packages or groups,
just applications.

Later we can relate the activities packaged in Fedora as sugar addons too:

http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2014/06/11/application-addons-in-gnome-software/

Gonzalo

> Something which PackageKit can recognise as equal to
>
> yum groupinstall @sugar-desktop sugar-runner
>
> But is it doable?
>
> Iain
> > >
> > > [1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Software
> > > [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AppInstaller
> > > [3]
> > >
> http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2013/08/29/gnome-software-center-and-you/
> > > [4] http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning