[IAEP] [Marketing] Users cannot find Sugar with gnome-software in Fedora 20

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Fri Aug 29 07:20:02 EDT 2014

GNOME Software Center, or Software [1] is the default software installer
for Fedora 20.

Sugar is not found in a search of Software.

Richard Hughes, the owner of Fedora's Changes/AppInstaller [2], put out
a call [3] for maintainers to ship an AppData specification [4], so that
Software will find "registered" apps.

I asked Richard how I could help fix this and this is from his reply.

        [quote]
        I assume you want to show the sugar-runner application.
        According to
        https://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/screenshots/f21/failed.html#sugar-runner.desktop it's missing a Comment in the .desktop file that means we just can't show it in the search results. It's also missing an AppData file, so a long description and some screenshots.

        If you fix up the .desktop file, and/or add an AppData file that
        validates, then do a build+update for f21 then it should
        re-appear in the search results after a couple of days.

        Hope this helps,

        Richard
        [/quote]

Is anyone already working on this?