[IAEP] Question About 13.1.0 on XO-1s

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri May 3 22:10:02 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Today I was helping some folks reflash the XO-1s they will be using in a
> small deployment in Los Angeles. After installing 13.1.0 we found that a
> scrolling display of code or something.... white on black... went by too
> fast to read appeared on startup. This was not just on the first startup,
> but on all startups. Is this necessary? If not, can it be turned off? How?

Take a look at the very first messages that appear when you turn the
laptop on - those ones (if any) are much easier to read.

Most likely it says something like: Not updating firmware now - no
external power

If so, connect external power, power up again, it will upgrade the
firmware then you will be back to normal.

Daniel