[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2013-03-30

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 21:09:35 EDT 2013

 == Sugar Digest ==

1. Thanks to the input from many member of our devel community, we we
able to finalize our application to Google Summer of Code. Our
application is mirrored in the wiki (See [1]). Our final list of
project ideas and mentors is quite impressive in terms of scope and
impact [2]. We should know in about 10 days whether or not we are
accepted.

2. I've been working on the webservices patch the past few days.
Daniel Narvaez has been reviewing the code -- we are experimenting
with a new work flow using github [3] -- and as a consequence, I am
slowly getting it into shape.

I have also been developing a mechanism for loading webservices from
user space, e.g., ~/.sugar/extensions. This way, webservices can be
loaded either by inclusion in a build or by installation by the user.

=== Tech Talk ===

3. Daniel has also agreed to be the release manager for our next
release (See [4]).

=== Sugar Labs ===

Visit our planet [5] for more updates about Sugar and Sugar deployments.

-walter

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2013/Application
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2013
[3] https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar