[IAEP] Planet Sugar editor wanted

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jul 31 17:48:18 EDT 2013

The Planet needs you! We're looking for someone who'd like to be editor
in chief for Sugar Labs' blog aggregator: http://planet.sugarlabs.org/

Your editor's responsibilities would be:

- process syndication requests sent to planetmaster at sugarlabs.org in a
timely fashion (we get less than a dozen requests per year)

- monitor the feeds for spam or off-topic content, and take them down or
warn the owners

- you are the editor: use your own judgment to keep content relevant and
interesting for readers

- try to improve the Planet's appearance and usefulness (the current
look is my doing and I think it's quite horrible)

- step down responsibly: when you no longer have time to maintain the
site, please try to find another editor and help with the transition

The job requires one technical skill: editing a configuration file in a
text editor and pushing it to production using git. Being familiar with
ssh is a plus.

If you take the job, I'll guide you through the entire process and
assist with any questions. More info in the wiki:

 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sysadmin/Planet_syndication_request
 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/planet

Thanks,

--