[IAEP] [support-gang] Questions about the new XO Tablet and Software

Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jan 9 17:21:37 EST 2013

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:35:46 +1100
forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:

> It looks like the future of kids educational computing is with Android tablets.

I'm not very sure on it. Fortunately, I don't have my own tablet or
Android cellphone. All the opinions I have heard from teachers, were
that Android is thought for consumerism, not for education. XO-4 have
physical keyboards because they can't be replaced by an on-screen
keyboard when the computer is to be used for education and productivity
in some ways.