[IAEP] Suggestions needed for Learning(Teaching) reading

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:50:42 EST 2013

Hi Steve,
Are you using Sugar? If so, Speak is great. Fototoon is also very good if you have the students collaborate on writing stories. Without computers, I would suggest having the students write and illustrate their own little stories, make up little plays to put on for one another, describe to the class how to do or make something, conduct pretend phone conversations, pretend to go shopping, etc., and one of the most enjoyable things... have them sing lots of fun songs in English. They can have the words written some where to practice reading them and can talk about what they mean. They can make simple instruments to play along too... a few pebbles in a soda can, sticks to hit together, a plastic bucket as a drum... you get the idea.
Have fun!Caryl