[IAEP] Sugar on Android (was Questions for SCaLE 11X)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:41:33 EST 2013

On 21 February 2013 09:35, Ron Feigenblatt <docdtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> The big news is that OLPC reports potential buyers have expressed
> interest in Android, so it has a plan to move the XO-4 that way by
> YE2013. This poses an implicit challenge to Sugar Labs, namely, could
> Sugar sit on top of Android rather than Linux Fedora by then?

I think that's never going to happen unless we come up with a plan.
There have been a couple of isolated efforts that would lead there at
some point, but I'm not aware of even a discussion about it on the
devel mailing list.

It's not going to be trivial at all. I have my strong opinions about
how we should get there and I've been posting on sugar-devel about the
work I'm doing.

But other approaches are possible. I just hope people will realize
that it's urgent to do something about this and that we need with a
concerted effort. It's not going to magically happen :)