[IAEP] Wiki editing

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:18:23 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Ron Feigenblatt <docdtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/2/13, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> >... Please just make the changes you think need to be made, that is why we
> > keep information on a wiki, so that anyone can contribute to improving
> > it's quality or discoverability.
>
> Chris, are you the "wikimaster"? I can't seem to use the wiki to find
> out who is! Going to the home page of the wiki or to the
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Wiki_Team page does NOT help.
>
> Some years back I used Wikispaces for several wikis. As its wiki
> system model evolved, the administrator of a wiki gained the power to
> lock out changes on a page-by-page basis (and maybe even to delegate
> such powers to chosen sub-administrators?) Is that possible within the
> MediaWiki system we use here at Sugar Labs?
>
> The reason I ask is that just the other day, Sean Daly, leader of the
> Marketing Team, lamented as follows (cf.
> http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/2013-02-01#i_2768391 )
> "last time i tried to make a wiki page more readable for teachers, a
> community member wiped out all my edits, after 3 days i gave up was
> very disheartening"

Be assured that all changes saved in a wiki can be recovered from the 'View
history' tab for a page.

While one is reconstructing an existing page, it is often best to copy it
to a separate page as content details are worked out.  Open discussion (on
the associated 'Discussion' page) with other interested authors will
generally lead to improvements.

Thank you for  your contributions!

       --Frederick Grose, wiki team coordinator