[IAEP] Raspberry PI

Ron Feigenblatt docdtv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 03:19:56 EST 2013

On 2/2/13, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
>... Please just make the changes you think need to be made, that is why we
> keep information on a wiki, so that anyone can contribute to improving
> it's quality or discoverability.

Chris, are you the "wikimaster"? I can't seem to use the wiki to find
out who is! Going to the home page of the wiki or to the
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Wiki_Team page does NOT help.

Some years back I used Wikispaces for several wikis. As its wiki
system model evolved, the administrator of a wiki gained the power to
lock out changes on a page-by-page basis (and maybe even to delegate
such powers to chosen sub-administrators?) Is that possible within the
MediaWiki system we use here at Sugar Labs?

The reason I ask is that just the other day, Sean Daly, leader of the
Marketing Team, lamented as follows (cf.
http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/2013-02-01#i_2768391 )
"last time i tried to make a wiki page more readable for teachers, a
community member wiped out all my edits, after 3 days i gave up was
very disheartening"

Of course, allowing individuals or subgroups within SL to edit certain
pages exclusively implies that an arbitrator (like the wikimaster) is
needed in case of conflict with others.

For the present, Sean could simply establish a free account at an
outside wiki provider like Wikispaces, have full control of his
content there, and link to it from Sugar Labs wiki pages.

Changing subjects: As for my previous remarks above, the subtext of my
"Lesson 2:" was that I was too lazy to carry out the suggestion I was
making. Sorry.

Ron