[IAEP] [support-gang] A New Kind Of Hacking!

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 12:51:25 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Bastien <bzg at laptop.org> wrote:

> What was the rationale for stopping filtering incoming spam?
> Too many false positives?

I'm also curious.  The level of spam has made list moderation essentially
meaningless.  I cannot possibly look at each moderated message as a
potential genuine contribution, so I just delete them and let them time out
of the list folder.

Some spam filtering is important for RT as well, where I spend way too much
time deleting spam.

If OLPC can't maintain some basic infrastructure supoort, I need to know
for my own decision-making.  For instance, I might choose to move the L10n
list to SugarLabs instead, and I may or may not continue contributing my
time to RT cleaning if I'm just cleaning because a decision was made that
my time is less valuable than some admin time to set up spam filtering.

cjl