[IAEP] A New Kind Of Hacking!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 17:21:32 EDT 2013

Hi Folks….

A strange new kind of email hacking happened yesterday. I got a junk mail from "caryl at laptop.org" (that's me!) sent to me!  It is supposedly recruiting for some sort of "Environmental corporation" and asks for a lot of personal information. It tells you to send the information to a "Danny at googleapp-consult.com". The email is definitely not from me. You probably wouldn't want to respond to it (and shouldn't).

I would have sent a heads-up sooner, but Hotmail (Outlook) has been unavailable much of the time over the past 24 hours. I am trying to send this while it is working. I guess a lot of other people had the same problem with outages and I have heard that a lot of accounts were "hacked" a couple of days ago and that updating it and fixing it may have caused the outages. Maybe mine was one of the ones hacked and that is why that message was sent? Anyway… as always… don't send any personal info via email… probably ever!

Stay Cyber-safe!

Caryl