[IAEP] Strange, Slightly Unsanitary Solution To Jumpy Curser Problem

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 26 16:36:17 EDT 2013

Hi All,
Some of the XO-1s I am prepping for use in an elementary school in a women't shelter here in LA have jumpy cursers. My personal G1G1 machine shares this problem.  I was getting tired of doing the "4-finger salute" so I tried something else... I licked my index finger. Voila! The problem was solved! Of course, after a time I had to do it again as my finger dried.
So... I am wondering (haven't had time to test it yet), would dipping the finger into another liquid (maybe a slightly saline solution?) work just as well? Would wiping the touch pad with some type of liquid work just as well? Maybe with a sanitizing wipe?  Do people with naturally sweaty fingers have fewer problems with a jumpy cursor?
Food for thought... any suggestions? Ideas?
Caryl