[IAEP] Internet In A Box

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 02:00:44 EDT 2013

Hi All,
Last Thursday evening Ed and I and Adam Holt went to the San Gabriel Valley Linux Users Group meeting at CalTech to learn about the "Internet-In-A-Box" project that Braddock Gaskill and several friends have been working on. It worked perfectly on all 4 XO models I brought to the meeting (XO-1, XO-1.5, XO-1.75, and XO-4) and even worked on my little Samsung Galaxy phone! It seemed to work on all the other devices people brought too.In a week or 2 we will be putting the XO-1s from the olpc-SoCal lending library in a small school at a women's shelter here in Southern California. They will probably be field-testing it there. You can see a short 10 minute video of the introduction or even see the whole hour+ presentation  at this link:http://internet-in-a-box.org
Enjoy!Caryl