[IAEP] Fwd: Fwd: [squeakland] The Dynabook and modern computing

Edward Mokurai Cherlin mokurai at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 10 16:14:01 EDT 2013

[I'm sorry, this got lost in cyberspace for a week.]

I'll give the same answer here.

Actually, it was agriculture that led to the idea of government as a
protection racket and to kneecapping or worse of those who refused to pay
their taxes. Hunter-gatherer cultures are tribal, not national, and far
more cooperative. I have historical and archaeological data on this if
anybody needs it. Or you could watch The Gods Must Be Crazy and its sequel
for humorous examples.

"Run and tell everybody to come and help us eat this elephant." (Killed by
poachers, who took the tusks and left the body.)

On Tue, April 2, 2013 10:27 pm, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> It took me while to realize that I forwarded it to a wrong list...

Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin