[IAEP] URGENT was Re: [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] GPL non compliance? was Re: GPL non-compliance, was Re: GPLv3

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 09:33:19 EDT 2013

simple, short questions:
1) a link to *source* as modified by Ceibal

2) an actual, real life case of someone that was able to run on a
Ceibal machine a *modified* version of said code, to the point that it
can be assumed that a normal Ceibal user would be able to do so.
(extra special engineer feats with special access don't count, sorry)

3) relevant data that the "fact" that Ceibal offers dev keys does take
place in reality, i.e., that normal, simple Ceibal users can easily,
no-nonsense request a dev key to bypass whatever block Ceibal puts,
and load other, non-Ceibal images on the Ceibalitas. An example of
this would be how many dev keys has Ceibal distributed

Reason:
I am opening for Richard Stallman tonight, in La Paz, and I intend to
follow through on the matter that Ceibalitas are, for all effects,
"tivoized", as per:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
"products containing computers (including many Android devices) come
with executable programs that correspond to free software source code,
but the devices do not allow the user to install modified versions of
those executables; only one special company has the power to modify
them. We call these devices “tyrants”, and the practice is called
“tivoization”"

Of course, there being evidence that Ceibalitas are not tivoized, the
point becomes moot, and I, and Ceibal users are grateful to have Free
software in their hands.

Thank you!

Yama