[IAEP] [support-gang] What Sensors and Where To Buy?

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 00:42:23 EDT 2012

Sorry for the intromision..
You can make your own "USB4butia" board and use it to read resistances like inthe audio jack of the XO.Is very inexpensive board. You can make it with a "iron for clothes":
http://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/proyectos/butia/mediawiki/index.php/USB4buti%C3%A0
The childrens of an high-school in Uruguay, with the help of a teacher, makes herown board with recycled components.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzz_fLM2Rpk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_DGqQURHQ
The most expensive component is the PIC18F45550.. the rest: a clock of 20mhz,some leds, some resistances..
This is a real "free and open" hardware: we think in both words are similiar,but we found a different significance: -an arduino board is OPEN design, you can modify, improve, etc but no is FREE,you cannot make it with your hands (arduino have multi-layers that makes imposiblemake at home)-the USB4butia is OPEN and FREE: you can modify, improve and can be made witha home materials, old printers, old appliances, etc.
I don't know the prices, someone can calculate it with USA prices?
http://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/proyectos/butia/mediawiki/index.php/Componentes
Regards!
Alan