[IAEP] [support-gang] Thanks! Update Working... Notes on What We Did To Make It Happen

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 17 19:14:31 EDT 2012

The strange black circle of dead pixels you see is physical damage to
the display, you should get the display replaced.

It will have been caused by either water damage, a latent
manufacturing defect, flexing, or excess force.

It certainly cannot be caused by software or leaving an image on
screen for too long.

It can be avoided by ensuring the laptops are cared for by each child;
child ownership.

Depending on how it is caused, the damage may spread to nearby pixels.
I would not deploy this to a child, it would be frustrating for them,
and it may get worse without a teacher noticing.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/