[IAEP] Designing A New Learning Environment @ Stanford Online Courses

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 6 03:38:14 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I just saw that one of Stanford's online courses for the next term is
called "Designing A New Learning Environment" (
http://venture-lab.org/education). The description sounds quite interesting
so I'll probably enroll in it. (Though given my past experiences with
online courses I'll probably drop out of it within a few weeks;-):

"What constitutes learning in the 21st century? Should education be based
on delivering contents and getting students to memorize facts? Should
reading, watching, and taking exams be part of all learning? Should there
be more interactive, collaborative, and constructive learning activities
integrating mobile and social networking tools of today? Should new
training and learning activities be more fun and game-like?

In this course, we discuss and answer these questions."

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer