[IAEP] kids building Re: activities (games) recommended age

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 19:10:26 EST 2012

James,

impressive work! congrats!

On 11/28/2012 04:19 PM, James Simmons wrote:
<snip>
http://www.flossmanuals.net/e-book-enlightenment/
> eate books too.  Just as we have students writing Sugar Activities and
> even contributing code to Sugar itself we will also soon have students
> writing and publishing textbooks and other materials.

in a few words, what do you think is the key elements that are stopping
kids from doing that?
As you present them so well, it is not because of lack of tools and
resources.
I would assume there would be a ramp up, a few at first, then a deluge.
So far apparently really not much...

Something must be missing. After 5 years and couple million XO's in the
wild, it's not happening (yet?), to the point that maybe it will never
happen?

BTW, you know that the kids contributing code, they can be counted with
the fingers of one hand... Which makes them all the more important, but,
again, why not more? why not teachers, hundreds of them?
Maybe it's something to do with construct***sm? Evolution?