[IAEP] a character reference for Sebastian Silva

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:36:00 EST 2012

Funny how things happen to happen...

As I was driving home this evening from class, very tired, I was
reflecting on how pretty much all the effort I have put into Bolivia
OLPC, OLE and whatever has gone mostly to waste. As I am considering
further work and effort there in 2013, I was considering how hard it is
to find someone who could be a good, honest steward, taking care of
keeping expenses low, respectful of the investment and resources, and my
mind immediately went to Sebastian Silva.

I was wondering on how sometime I would want to ask him how he came to
be / maybe to understand how to empower people like him, as any effort
or expense gives a higher "bang for the buck". As I was talking this
afternoon with a neighbor here, about how things are her and how they
are elsewhere, well, us people here are having such a hard time
affording to do good, basically because we are SO expensive! I remember
tales of people Fedexing their dirty laundry, and $10^5+ salaries...

Not Sebastian, Laura and kid. There /must/ be a life after this one, a
Paradise, because some people deserve it.

oh well...