[IAEP] [SLOBS] Local Labs motion

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Thu May 31 05:10:27 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 07:13:26PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> Buried in the meeting log [1] is a motion [5] to adopt three changes
> [2, 3, 4] to the Trademark [6] and Local Labs [7] pages in the wiki.
> The motion was seconded and we began a vote, but whereas it seemed to
> be a controversial decision, I though it prudent to ask those who were
> not able to attend today's Sugar Labs oversight board meeting to also
> vote.
>
> So far,
>
> walter +1
> cjl +1
>
> icarito -1
>
> alsroot has not voted yet.

My purpose for not [yet, until making the situation clear] voting is
that I still don't see any difference between arguing sides, because
the only difference I see is that arguing sides are talking about
different subjects.

If I got it right, the conflict point is [4]. For me, it is clear that
it is *only* about legal cases (and even [4] is changing nothing because
it is exactly how community driven FOSS projects behave), i.e., where
SFC is providing services for SL. And actually it is 0.01% of all SL
work.

And if I'm right in my vision, the only problem lays in presenting
[6] [7] in proper light, i.e., avoid treating [6] and [7] by people as
a main policy regarding all possible relations between SL and SL labs
([6] and [7] are only about legal/official relations and it is 0.01% of
all possible relations).

> cjb, canoeberry, and geralda were not present.
>
> Please respond to this email with your vote.
>
> Also, there was motion [8], not yet seconded, to ask Tony if he was OK
> with a change in the wording of [4]. There was not consensus on the
> wording, but there was consensus on asking for Tony's input.
>
> Tony, could you please chime in?
>
> thanks.
>
> -walter
>
> --