[IAEP] FOSTBs! (Free Open Source Text Books) FW: News from CK-12 Foundation

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 17:02:31 EDT 2012

¡Hola! Si deseas una traducción, puedes usar Google o preguntame.  ¡Abrazos! Carolina
Hi Folks!

Lots of interesting new news from the CK-12 Foundation.  Although the foundation started as a source of FREE, open source "flex-books" (a book that can be customized by the user), written for California students/schools., They are offered now to anyone who wants to use them, worldwide.  At first they had only a few secondary school math (Algenra I) and science books, but now they are reaching both up and down to elementary school and high school.

Check this email to learn more about the following, exciting new developments with volunteer opportunities, new titles, a collaborative flex-book writing project for biology students worldwide, and job opportunities for software developers:

Check it out! Follow the links to get more info.

Caryl

P.S.  If someone has the time, it would be great to look at ways these flex-books can be used on the XO.  Maybe I can help later during the summer.