[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugar is available for download in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS; 10.10 & 11.04 with sweets_distribution. Wiki Page updated

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 5 00:21:51 EST 2012

Thanks.  I've simplified
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Ubuntu some more,
concentrating on how an Ubuntu user should try out Sugar.

I've removed the sections that cover prior Sugar versions where Browse
won't work, because that just isn't going to help any Ubuntu user I can
imagine.  Sweets Distribution or the virtual appliance method is a far
quicker solution, with the benefit that Browse will work.

I've also removed the end of support dates for Ubuntu, because it isn't
our place as Sugar Labs to say that, they might change, and mentioning
it implies that Sugar is supported in the same way.  Sugar is in the
universe repository, and isn't a core part of Ubuntu.

Lastly, I've hunted out every mention of "sugar-emulator -f", which
seems to be something that you'd like fixed which still isn't fixed, and
placed it in one page which is linked to.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/