[IAEP] gamifying education

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:39:30 EST 2012

I spoke about this with several sugarlabs folks a year or so ago. The idea
was to add awards/points to the control panel for completing activities in
various ways. In essence it meant making the OS seem more like a game than
an educational tool. I know it sounds a bit like tricking kids into
learning, but there are ways of doing this that would seem both fun,
intuitive and uninvasive. It seems I'm not the only one thinking about this
approach to educational activities. Here is a link that shows others doing
the same with Android and iOS... It would really be nice to at least revive
a conversation about this, I know at the time we even came up with
screenshots of what such a system might look like.

Here is the link: http://edudemic.com/2012/01/gamification-classroom/

kind regards,
David van Assche